Thursday, October 22, 2009

Strides Walk

Sunday was the Breast Cancer Strides Walk in Lincoln. I believe there were 6000 walkers! And I made the paper again! My picture, with Laura, mom and Brooklynn, was taken and I didn't even know it! It was a fun event and the weather was good.

Although it is so sad to see so many people diagnosed with cancer. All those women. I just don't understand it. I just don't. But we will fight each day. Each day we fight, we are closer to a cure.

I wish for a day that all doctor's who come into contact with a woman or man with a lump in her/his breast will weigh on the side of caution and REMOVE IT!!!!!! Isn't that what doctor's are supposed to do? Save lives? Prevent death? You know, with all this talk about health care, what about prevention. What if I had my tumor removed right away? What if.......

I am thankful for today.

No comments: