Tuesday, August 18, 2009

another day

My Potassium is up. I went on pills last week and did lab work today and it's where it needs to be. I feel great too. I guess this is what it feels like to be "healthy" again. You know, in life, we take so much for granted. I try and keep myself in check and not sweat the small stuff but sometimes it's difficult. I don't know where I am really going with this post but I'm just thinking and typing....

I know that I have the most wonderful husband in the world and he means absolutely the world to me. I love the way he has "adopted" my cats. I love the way he enjoys life and doesn't sweat the small stuff. He makes me smile when I'm mad at the world. He makes me happy. My health is #1 to him and if he could have done the chemo for me or any of the treatment, he would have in a second. He's taught me to trust others and let others help. He probably regrets that when I leave "sweetie to do lists." :) I just thank God everyday for being able to share my life with him. He is my best friend.

I have a great job that I love. I work on a campus and in an area that allows me to walk outside almost anytime of the day to get peace and quiet. I can sit in my office and hear laughter in the hall. Birthday's are celebrated. Do you know that when I learned my hair was going to fall out with treatment, everyone wore hats to work that Friday. And when it did start falling out, my co-workers were there to listen when I started bawling after walking in the door that morning.

And I have a family. Many don't have so many close people in their lives. But I do. I have a grandma who is turning 90 this year. 90! She's amazing and I love her very much. She makes the best Swiss steak you'll ever try. Her door is always open. I have aunts and uncles and cousins who get together regularly. I have married into a wonderful, loving family that accepts me with open arms. I have two parents that love me with all their heart. And I have a sister. My sister is, how do I say it, my other everything? I talk with her daily. I'm her big sis and now I go to her for answers. She's a wonderful mom and has given me an adorable niece! I'm blessed with many friends, many with whom I've been friends with for 20+ years!!!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm lucky. I've been told I'm lucky many times, particularly with the cancer stuff. And I know that I'm lucky, even though it doesn't always feel that way. But I know it and I think that's what I'm trying to get at with all these miscellaneous thoughts. Everyone has played such an important role in my cancer journey and in my life in general. I don't want to take anyone for granted and I don't. I just wanted you to know that I appreciate you.

I am thankful for living another day filled with people I love and who love me.

1 comment:

Hua said...

Hello Tracy,

I just commented on your husband's blog. What a wonderful couple you two are! I loved reading your and your husband's blogs.

As I commented on your husband's blog, I just wanted to let you know that Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network has many people who are in a similar situation as you are. If you would like to share your experience and help others cope, I would encourage you to take a look at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger, and to consider applying to join the HealthBlogger Network.

If you need any assistance, please feel free to email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.

Best regards,
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks