Sunday, April 5, 2009

Surgery

I had my lumpectomy on Friday. It went well. I had surgery at 1:30 and was home on the couch by 6. It's amazing how fast they get you in and out these days. I had breast tissue taken out where the tumor was. They will do some tests to tell me if the cancer has shrunk or even disappeared! I'll find out the results on Tuesday and will post then. Otherwise, I've just been recovering this weekend. I'm doing well. Haven't needed any pain killers. Just ice cream for the sore throat from the tube they put down my throat. Tomorrow I'll get Herceptin.

I'm feeling kinda sad today. Someone I knew passed away of brain cancer. I didn't know him personally but knew his wife. It does hit home either way. This will push me harder in the Relay for Life.

I am thankful that my cancer hadn't spread and I am responding to treatment. I'm thankful there is treatment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear it went well. Many prayers - Aim