Friday, April 24, 2009

Moving on to radiation

My tests results came back from my last surgery and there was absolutely no cancer found. I am so excited!!! We had a little bbq at my sister's last night to celebrate. Today, I have the day off and I'm going to do whatever I want to do, besides my dentist appt. :) I will go to the doctor on Monday and we will set up radiation. I should start that toward the end of May. I will do it in Lincoln b/c it's everyday for around 5 weeks. That part stinks. But doing radiation will kill any cell that can't even be seen by a microscope. So, yes, it's worth it.

I went to my friend Kelli's funeral on Wednesday. It was a very large funeral. She touched the lives of many. Being at her funeral obviously hit home. I couldn't help but think that I'm just not ready to die. I'm not ready for my family and friends to be sitting there hearing stories about my life, and I'm not the one telling them. I'm newly married, I have a baby niece, I want to have children, I just have too much to do yet.

I am very thankful for the treatment that I have received. I might have complained a lot about the side effects but hey, it sucked at the time. I feel good today and that's what matters.

I can now focus my time on fundraising for Relay for Life. You should atleast check out the website and read some information about it. Just click on my link above my picture. We should never give up on fighting cancer.

Thank you to everyone for all your prayers. Even my pharmacist at Walgreens, who now knows me by name, was saying prayers. I am so thankful to have so many caring people in my life!!!

No comments: