Sunday, April 19, 2009

Say a prayer

Please say a prayer for my friend Kelli and her family. Kelli passed away yesterday. She has two daughters and husband that are left grieving. I hate cancer. It is a bully. Since I've been diagnosed, I have become even more aware of all the cancer out there. Why? I just don't understand it. I'm doing ok but my friend Tracy has daily pain and my friend Brenda has an awful rash and my friend Deb has to do chemo again and another friends mom and sister have to go through chemo. What the H???? And now, a friend is being laid to rest. All because of cancer. These are all reasons to fight through the Relay for Life. Cancer is all around us. I worry about my mom, sister and niece. What are their chances of getting breast cancer? I'm doing genetic testing for them. Tracy, just a reminder, you need to do this too. Maybe we can also do this together :) But seriously. What if YOU, the person reading this, has to hear this awful news. I don't want that to happen. But if it does, I don't want you to have to go through awful treatment of pumping poison in your blood. I am using all this negative energy to fight for something positive.

The Relay for Life is at The Haymarket Park on July 24th. Please mark your calendar to come out that evening. It will leave you feeling like you've never felt before.

I am so thankful for my doctor's and all those supporting me. Like Kelli, I will fight.

No comments: