Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tracy and Tracy

I had Herceptin treatment with Tracy H yesterday. The one nurse came over and said "Tracy" and then giggled when we both looked at her. It was cute, we haven't had that happen in forever! Then she said she'd have to call us Tracy P and Tracy H which reminded me of when we were in 9th grade typing class and we were supposed to use our first name, which ours is the same, then he said initials, which ours were the same...even middle initial. I don't know where I store all these memories. I have feeling that if someone overheard any of Tracy and my conversation yesterday, they might not have a clue what we were talking about b/c both of us suffer from chemo brain and lose our train of thought very easily. We laughed about my hair. I am very serious when I said that my hair is growing. Of course it is longer when you stand about 3 inches from it, like I do when I look in the mirror. But then, when I stand about arms length away, yeah, you can't really see it. It's so disappointing. So, therefore, I like to keep the couple hairs that are about 1.5 inches long. They kinda look funny, but they've taken a long time to grow! So, this is where Tracy and I started cracking up yesterday. See, I think these hairs need to stay so that the little ones have something to look up to. Yes, like a mentor or literally. I just don't think it is too much to ask that my hair grows back quickly. I did suffer through 6 rounds of chemo. Geez. And there you have it, a funny start to a good day at treatment. This doesn't sound right but I'm glad I have a friend going through this (treatment) with me while I'm there. Of course, I wish I didn't for her sake. I'm sure she feels the same.

I suppose I better get back to picking up the house. I just wanted to share. Next treatment, we are befriending a new, very young cancer patient. She's going through the exact regimen that I went through. Except she has 5 month old twins. Poor thing.

I am thankful for laughter.

No comments: