Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Almost done

Well, my last round of chemo is Monday. I've been doing ok, really tired this week. My platelets are down, about 1/2 of what I'm used to so I've had about 3 bloody noses a day. I went to my first Relay for Life meeting last night. It was interesting. Tracy Harnly spoke to the group about fundraising. AND, I had to stand up in front of the group and introduce myself. The cool thing is that my team The Hair Raisers is in 3rd place right now out of about 37 teams! So, thanks to all of you who have donated and don't forget to tell a friend. You know my story, so I won't go into that. But, in case you don't know, events such as The Relay for Life raise money to find medicines and cures. The medicine Herceptin, which I will take for a year, was probably discovered by this fundraising. This medicine is helping save my life. It's also helped save Tracy's life. This is how important this event is. Herceptin blocks the HER2/neu receptor that attaches itself to the cancer cells, making them divide and spread aggressively. See why this medicine is so important? Last night, I really became MORE excited about the relay and doing all that I can to support it. After my last chemo, I'll get going on some more fund raising ideas. I already have one in the works, look for it in May. Thanks to all of you who have already donated. For everyone else, just look to the right and you can find the link to my webpage for fundraising.

I am thankful for scientists who are spending their hours trying to find a cure.

1 comment:

DP said...

Congrats on being third on the fundraising list. Sound like Belinda is really doing great!