Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Keep my chin up

I'll have to refer back to this ol' saying...keep your chin up. I got a Christmas card today and it boldly told me, NO WHAT IF's! (Thanks Aunt Lucy) See, if anyone knows, she does. She's an 18 year breast cancer survivor. I have two aunts who are survivors. I guess I was having a little pitty party last night but I'm over it. You know what I need to start doing is go to the gym. I'm on antibiotics, it'll kill the germs, and hell, I'll wear gloves or carry my hand sanitizer and use it throughout. And it's ok if I get a little winded. Maybe I'll burn more calories easier? Who knows. But I do think that'll make me feel better. Of course after I write this, I'm going to take a nap :) But that is needed. Listen to my body is what the doc always says. My sinuses are really bothering me and I am running a low grade fever so I have to be smart too and stay home. Today I came home for lunch to take a nap. Maybe tomorrow I'll go to the gym. Here is some good news, I finally got my wedding pics ordered/made. That's fun. I guess that's part of taking back my life and not giving any of it to cancer. My wedding day was so perfect and just think...I had cancer then too. Lots of people have asked if I am going to sue the doctor that didn't test me last year or if I am angry at her. I am upset but I am trying to look at the positives. The first time I had my lump checked out, I had just started dating Daryl. We had been dating for about 2 months. And if they would have found cancer then, we might not have continued our relationship. And also, I'm doubly covered with insurance! Daryl is a life saver for me and if I have to have cancer, I'm glad I have him to go through it with me. And trust me, he's going through it...hormones and all...

I am thankful for all my family and friends who are supporting me through my journey. Each of you helps in a different way and I need you all.

PS I'm adding a pic of me with my wig. I've only worn it twice, I feel weird wearing it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have always been so positive ever since I knew you. No what if's, keep your chin up, and take one day at a time. I am praying for you every day!