Thursday, March 4, 2010

My last surgery

Tomorrow, Friday March 5th at 8am, I get my port taken out! It's the last step of this journey I've had. Of course there will be follow up care, mammograms and MRI's, but as far as my last year and half, it's coming to an end. I am very excited for my surgery tomorrow! Although I must admit, my port has been a handy dandy little tool to have in me. It has really saved my veins. My arms would have been so beat up if I had to get meds injected into them. I nearly passed out one time when my one vein wouldn't work and they had to use the one in my hand!

I will be getting up in about 7.5 hours to head to Omaha. I have to be there at 6:30am! That's early. But I'm looking forward to a day of R & R.

I am thankful for the great surgeon I have!

No comments: