Sunday, November 1, 2009

What a beautiful Day

What a beautiful day for November 1st!!! The weather was just perfect. I even took a jog around the neighborhood. It probably amounted to a mile or two. Got some yard work done. I did this while Daryl washed the cars and the cats played in the yard. Alex found something living under the plants. It crawled away and we aren't for sure what it was. But, overall, how lucky am I to have a day like this? The neighbor's dog wasn't even barking ALL day. Peace and quiet for the most part. I haven't checked the score, but I don't know how the Packers are doing....that could be a downer!

Today in church, we talked about Saints. Today is All Saints Day. My grandpa died on this day. I think it was about 12 years ago. He was such a cute man! He loved life and all those in it. I remember his smile and the twinkle in his eye when we visited him. He loved us coming to visit. He would show us something new he'd found or made. Always welcoming with wide open arms. I know he's been looking down on me through my cancer journey, holding my hand, helping carry me when I needed it. Don't be naive, I've prayed to him and all the other loved one's I've lost to help me. I was just saying to Daryl the other day, "you know, I believe in angels and that they are all around us." I said this because I was putting some laundry in the washing machine and happened to notice where the machine was made...Augusta, GA. Augusta is my grandma's maiden name. I had never noticed that sticker on my washing machine before. To me, it was just a reminder that we are surrounded by angels. They are there even when you aren't asking them to be.

I am thankful for the special people who helped form me into the person I am today.

No comments: