Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Radiation

Well, 3 rounds done and 30 more to go.... Radiation is weird. I don't feel a thing while I'm in there, lying on a metal bed, exposing what God gave me. At this point, I'm more embarrassed by the muffin top I've developed rather then exposing my doubly scarred breast! For those of you who don't know what a muffin top is, it's the part of the tummy that rolls over my jeans! That's why I must get back to the gym. I'm heading there in a few minutes. But, back to radiation...I've turned a little pinkish but so far it's fine. I have a cream I apply twice a day for now.

I have a little confession to make, I thought (once again) I was having a heart attack last night. Well, maybe not a heart attack but rather feared something was wrong with my heart. It was irregular with a heavy beat that took my breath away. Thank goodness I have such a wonderful oncologist. I called at 11pm, after I'd convinced myself that I needed medical advice. He assured me that I was fine. He's so patient and kind, even late at night. I wonder how much sleep he gets. I'm so lucky to have him as a doctor. Thanks to my friend Tracy too.

I'll keep you all posted on the radiation. Thanks for continuing to read my blog!

I am thankful for the peach fuzz on my head that gives me hope every day!

1 comment:

Belinda said...

Yay for peach fuzz!! Glad the radiation doesn't seem to be as nasty as the chemo! Excited to see you this coming weekend! Let me know if there's any thing you want me to bring!