Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Not much new

I don't know too much today. My day went well other than being very tired! I made it through a full day of work. I am drinking water out of my Cancer Sucks water bottle because I love it!!! I am looking forward to a nice and warm night in with Daryl and watching our favorite show, The Biggest Loser. It's the finale.

I am hopeful for more days like today. But I've been prepared for the chemo to hit harder and faster. That just means it is doing it's job.

I haven't told this story yet in my blog and wanted to share with everyone. My mom's sister, my aunt, was killed by a drunk driver in a car accident about 15 years ago. She was a beautiful woman and person. Her name is Margaret. Well, when I was diagnosed, I prayed to Margaret, my grandparents and a great aunt and uncle to please watch over me and take care of me. I told them I need them and their help. I do believe that we have loved ones looking over us all the time. Although my faith has had it's ups and downs through life. The day I had my CAT scan, I had to wear scrubs, I was cold, I had to drink this nasty white stuff and I was sitting in this fancy woman's locker room. There was an older lady in a wheel chair with an oxygen tank. We were together off and on for about an hour. We talked about cancer, she helped me understand why I was drinking the drinks and we talked about her grandchildren. We took turns getting blood taken and getting served our cocktails. At the end of our visit, a woman came in. The woman said, "OK Margaret, are you ready?" My eyes got so wide and filled up with tears instantly. It was then that I knew I was being carried through this journey of mine. I saw Margaret again about an hour later when I went to my medical oncologist appt. to get the results of the CAT scan. I waived at Margaret. The doctor was running about 2.5 hours behind so I decided to take a potty break when I crossed paths with him in the hallway. He stopped, looked at me, and said, "Hey, your scans were fine."

I am thankful for big hearts and faith.

No comments: